– Caused By Albert Einstein
View our Prezi for more information on Your Paper, your path
A plea that is recurring scientists is oftentimes to simplify the entire process of planning and publishing documents. With every log having various technical and formatting needs and several papers being submitted over and over again before publication, writers believe it is onerous to possess to invest time that is valuable in the place of engaging utilizing the more effective facets of research. In reality, almost one in three scientists suggested вЂњpreparing manuscriptsвЂќ when asked what work tasks they discovered many discouraging or time intensive, in a study performed by Elsevier’s analysis and Academic Relations department in 2012.
Using the purpose of making the submission procedure easier, the Elsevier log, complimentary revolutionary Biology and Medicine launched Your Paper, Your Way (YPYW) last year. YPYW is a less strenuous submission procedure, concentrating on the standard of the technology within the initial phases of submission and just needing elements required for ultimate manufacturing during the modification phase. If documents are refused, this easier distribution process saves writers effort and time and in addition, can help them attain quicker book rates.
YPYW has been extended to a huge selection of Elsevier journals. Every log that gives YPYW plainly shows this at the start of its guide for writers, as follows:
” We now differentiate involving the needs for brand new and revised submissions. You could elect to submit your manuscript as being A word that is single or file to be utilized when you look at the refereeing procedure. Only once your paper has reached the modification phase, are you required to place your paper right into a ‘correct structure’ for acceptance and supply the things needed for the book of the article.”
Your Paper, The Right Path demands
- Authors may submit their manuscript (text, numbers and tables) as being a file that is single. This could be an expressed word or PDF file, in just about any structure or design, and numbers and tables are put in the text.
- Numbers should really be of high sufficient quality for refereeing.
- There aren’t any strict formatting needs but all manuscripts must support the crucial elements needed seriously to evaluate a manuscript (Abstract, keyword phrases, Introduction, components & techniques, outcomes, Conclusions, Artwork and Tables with Captions).
- Sources could be in almost any style or format, as long since the style is consistent. Author(s) name(s), journal title/book name, article name (where necessary), 12 months of book, amount & problem /book chapter therefore the pagination should be current. Utilization of DOI is very motivated. The guide design utilized by the log will be reproduced towards the accepted article by Elsevier during the proof phase.
- Whenever the revision is reached by a paper phase, writers will soon be required to supply any items which will always be necessary for book, for instance editable source files.
Reactions to YPYW
YPYW was favorably gotten by writers. In a study delivered by Elsevier’s analysis and Academic Relations department to writers that has chosen YPYW whenever publishing their manuscript, of this 3,958 writers surveyed, 70% reacted definitely whenever asked, “Did Your Paper, the right path lower the period of time it normally takes to format and submit the manuscript?” Commentary received from surveyed writers included:
. time-consuming work that is formatting perhaps maybe not undertaken needlessly.
I did not need certainly to spend your time with formatting before being certain concerning the acceptance.
It absolutely was easier and faster than [the] traditional one. I believe it really is a good method to speed the procedure.
92% of writers surveyed found YPYW simple or exceedingly simple, when compared why not try this out with 61per cent of writers whom utilized the process that is traditional.
To guage the effect on reviewers, 870 reactions from Elsevier’s current Reviewer Feedback Programme (RFP) were analyzed, of which 346 linked to a YPYW submission. There have been no differences that are significant reviewer satisfaction. Some reviewers have actually complimented the modification as it makes their everyday lives better to check out the numbers and tables in the text, instead of at the conclusion regarding the manuscript as it is typically needed.
“Your Paper, Your Way”, Kelvin J A Davies, PhD, DSc, Editor-in-Chief, Complimentary Revolutionary Biology & Medicine
“Your Paper, the right path while the reviewing procedure”, Catriona Fennell, Rebecca Barrie